Personal Development Officer
The Personal Development Officer will provide assistance and support to the Office of Personal Development and Counseling Services to coordinate the development and implementation of programs and initiatives dedicated to student development and community life. The primary responsibility of this individual will focus on the creation and administration of programs that enhance the growth and development of students, with a particular emphasis on the personal, emotional, and interpersonal experiences of students. This individual will also be responsible for mental health and wellbeing outreach, community-engagement initiatives, and student support. The successful candidate must display a global vision, dedication to the welfare of students and understands the unique demands and opportunities of a rigorous curriculum and is committed to supporting our multi-cultural students in their personal and professional development.
This is a non-sponsored hourly position with no benefits. Applicants must have a valid residence permit and currently live in Qatar.
Reports to: Assistant Director of Personal Development and Counseling
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- Develops, coordinates and leads programming initiatives and events that promote student development (including but not limited to: researching program ideas, designing activities, liaising with community partners for programs, conducting workshops or presentations, completing assessments of programs/events).
- Advises, supports and counsels students.
- Completes administrative tasks (responding to emails, creating posters, advertising about events, etc.)
- Liaises with Qatar Foundation partners and serves on various EC-wide committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent combination of training and experience in a relevant educational discipline required.
- Experience in student affairs, campus life (peer counselor/educator), student advising and programming, student wellness programming or related areas.
- Cultural understanding in dealing with all constituents.
- High professionalism in responding to inquiries and student needs.
- Demonstration of a high capacity for programming and educational outreach.
- Strong student development background and well-developed advising skills.
Skills & Experience
- Strong skills in planning, critical thinking, communication, problem-solving and crisis response.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task simultaneously.
- High level of flexibility, integrity, excellence, and compassion.
- Ability to work with students, faculty, and staff.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.