Manager of Institutional Planning and Analysis
The Manager of Institutional Planning & Analysis reports to the Dean and is responsible for the development, implementation and management of a comprehensive institutional research and assessment program to support the University’s mission, core themes, and goals. Responsible for collecting, analyzing, and disseminating a wide range of data related to the University’s academic and business operations, the Manager of Institutional Planning & Analysis will provide a centralized resource for current information about the University. The primary function of the Manager of Institutional Planning & Analysis is the development, implementation and management of an institution wide assessment and evaluation program, including providing guidelines and requirements for assessment reporting that informs the University’s strategic planning, core themes and resource allocation. Emphasis will be placed on data gathering, analysis and interpretation, and assistance with identifying and framing critical issues within the context of supporting continuous improvement.
Reports to: Dean of VCUarts Qatar
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- Provides reliable, relevant, and quality data and information to facilitate planning, budgeting, accountability, program evaluation, and development of policy decisions. Works with senior leadership and campus constituencies to develop metrics to measure institutional effectiveness. Works collaboratively with other units to provide data and analysis as needed to make informed decisions.
- Ensures compliance with all laws and other regulatory bodies for data protection and privacy by establishing institutional policy, procedure and structure. This includes General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Qatar Data Protection Regulation.
- Works with program chairs, department heads and directors to collect, analyze and report data for instructional and non-instructional programs and services, including learning and instructional effectiveness and maintains a research database system and an indexed archive of institutional information.
- Works to develop and maintain policies and procedures to ensure the quality and integrity of data as well as plans, prepares, and produces a variety of regular and ad-hoc queries, reports, and publications to meet external and internal needs.
- Advises the Dean, Directors and others on how to conduct proper assessment, monitors and ensures completion of assessment activities and provides assistance and support in the identification, methods of statistical analysis, and reporting of benchmark data in support of strategic planning and institutional effectiveness.
- Periodically reviews all data mining instruments and evaluates their efficiency in assessing necessary areas. Makes recommendations for change when appropriate as well as develops and implements processes for collecting, linking, and analyzing data from a variety of sources including internal systems, including the business community, (example CSR, Alumni market studies etc.).
- Be responsible for campus institutional research and/or planning activities, including producing and providing analytical studies for college strategic planning, enrollment management, program evaluation and budget decisions and serves as primary contact for all external data requests.
- Be aware of institutional best practices and commit to helping department and institution to succeed and work independently with confidence and performs other tasks as needed
- A Master degree from an institution providing formal preparation in research design and statistics.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research designs and methods, statistical analysis, formative and summative program evaluation.
- Exposure to strategic planning and communications process in a higher education or similar environment.
- Familiarity with HIPPA, FERPA, Title IX and GDPR preferred.
- Ability to interpret research data and findings.
- Ability to use statistical (e.g. SPSS), presentation, spreadsheet, word processing and database software.
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of progressively more responsible research experience.
- Demonstrated experience with program evaluation, preferably in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability for multiple project management and result achievement.
- Clearly and accurately communicate complex or technical information to lay audiences, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective collaborative and cooperative working relationships with all segments of the college and its community.
- Ability to work independently; attend to multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- A high level of accuracy, work ethic & a diligent worker
- Positive attitude and desire to be in a customer service oriented environment
- Demonstrates experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCUarts Qatar.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.