Innovative Media Studios Coordinator
The Innovative Media Studios (IMS) provides VCUarts Qatar with media equipment, emerging technologies, and studio spaces that encourage and inspire a wide range of creative production activities. IMS is a full partner in the school's teaching, learning, and research initiatives by offering education and instruction in new media for art, design, and interdisciplinary applications. The IMS Coordinator will provide the expertise to outreach, explore, develop, and promote the use of all IMS facilities, as well as support interdisciplinary design research and theoretical investigations across VCUarts Qatar and QF platforms.
Reports to: Director of Libraries
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- Oversees the general operation of the media studio that supports design investigation through video, photography, and interactive experiences as well as facilitates the development and support of interactive media resources and instruction through provision of workshops, demos, and tutorials.
- Expands the scope of the IMS services to build immersive environments using virtual and augmented reality technologies, which will provide unique possibilities for innovative teaching and research and provides individual technical and instructional support for students and faculty in the six undergraduate programs and the MFA Design Studies program.
- Oversees the daily operational aspects of the IMS including, but not limited to: circulation of camera equipment, resource procurement, management of online booking systems, statistical collection and analysis, activity reporting, and inventory control and maintenance.
- Manages daily checkout and routine maintenance of all IMS equipment and maintains the inventory of all facility equipment.
- Handles the reservation schedule of the IMS facilities as well as updates and enforces policies and procedures relevant to the facilities and maintains statistics of use and curricular integration of equipment and resources.
- Bachelor's degree in design/interactive media or demonstrable, relevant technical experience in photography and time-based media.
- Demonstrated research skills to stay abreast of the latest developments in equipment, hardware, and software.
- A thorough understanding and ability to provide tutoring with key software packages.
- Ability to quickly pick up and learn new software or hardware skills.
- An independent ability to install and maintain all equipment, and install, configure and troubleshoot software.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills to work with faculty, students, staff, vendors and service providers.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.