The Human Resources Assistant will assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The HR assistant will also carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: departmental development, HRIS, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organization development, executive administration, and employment.
This is a non-sponsored hourly position with no benefits and for three months only. Applicants must have a valid residence permit and currently live in Qatar.
Reports to: Interim Director of Human Resources
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- Prepares official letters as requested by employees through HRonCall and maintains personnel files for all VCUQatar employees – temporary or regular and ensures that the files are accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- Keeps HRIS up-to-date on a regular basis as well as completes monthly reports as requested by the HR Director and maintains VCUQatar’s employee directory, including personal and official mobile lists.
- Posts HR related activities, important notices, and various HR events on the intranet and assists with events arrangements such as New Hire Orientation, Fun Day, Health, and Wellness by obtaining quotes from caterers or event organizers related to the activity and finalizes venues and other employee morale initiatives.
- Schedules appropriate rooms for meetings, interviews, and other HR events and coordinates with Facilities and IT for setting up the venue and IT requirements, if any and processes reimbursement claims, petty cash claims, purchase requisitions, and other claims associated with the department’s activities.
- Maintains the inventory of various employee forms and department supplies and performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions via phone and email.
- Makes photocopies, scans documents and performs other clerical functions that are required for completion of special projects and assignments and performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- One to three years of experience in an administrative assistant capacity in the HR field OR any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position OR Bachelor's degree in a related field of study.
- Working knowledge and/or skill in word processing, spreadsheets, and other computer applications.
- Ability to type accurately, make accurate arithmetic computations, prepare and maintain complex records and reports.
- Strong public service orientation to work well with faculty, staff, students, and the community.
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Willingness to work within a cooperative structure, be flexible, and be able to handle last-minute tasks.
Skills & Experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask, and work to tight deadlines.
- Positive attitude and desire to be in a customer service oriented environment.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.