Guest Relations Specialist / Administrative Assistant
Provides reception services for the University at large and administrative support to the Executive Administrator of the Dean’s Office.
This is a non-sponsored hourly position with no benefits. Applicants must have a valid residence permit and currently living in Qatar.
Preferences will be given to Qataris.
Reports to: Executive Administrator of the Dean’s Office
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- Provides efficient, welcoming reception services and acts as first point of contact to the University, be it by phone, in person, or other media, welcoming all visitors to the University.
- Interacts with a wide ranges of individuals, including VIPs both internal and external to the University, students, parents, faculty and staff, in a pleasant, courteous, and respectful manner at all times to set a positive, engaging tone for all visitors.
- Aquires comprehensive knowledge of the University, including its organizational structure, building geography, parking procedures, security procedures, and public events, in order to assist and direct visitors, students, and employees alike.
- Knows the overall calendars of key university personnel so as to be able to assist callers/visitors accordingly as well as collaborates closely with Security Staff to ensure visitor details are logged and identification badges issued to those without VCUarts Qatar badges, and visitors are escorted by an appropriate member of staff through the building.
- Knows and complys with institutional policies, including VCUarts Qatar emergency procedures and security policies and maintains reception and visitors’ waiting area.
- Connects callers with the appropriate person or department as well as retrieves and route messages to appropriate personnel daily.
- Operates the out-of-hours messaging systems in collaboration with IT, updates messages as needed and assists visitors with booking taxis or other needs.
- Operates the University’s Front Desk operations per VCUarts Qatar stated Communications Protocol at all times.
Administrative Support to Departments:
- Provides efficient administrative assistance to the Executive Administrator with the Dean’s Office, including purchasing requests and reimbursements, accounting services, researching and reporting, and other overall routine clerical support, while ensuring the University reception desk is consistently staffed and other duties as assigned
- High school degree.
- Proficiency in the English language. Excellence in speaking, reading, writing, and listening abilities. Ability to clearly formulate and articulate questions, responses, concerns, and/or issues.
- One year of customer service or related experiences.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Proper phone etiquette.
Skills & Experience
- Professionalism. Able to present a capable, professional image of VCUarts Qatar at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: Able to interact with individuals from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Punctuality and reliability. Required to arrive on time and staff the reception desk for the full duration of the assigned work time.
- Customer Service focused. Committed to service. Ability to adapt customer service to different needs and expectations of diverse types of visitors.
- Engaging character, and ability to command respect.
- Cooperative. Work effectively and productively with various staff and departments, including Security Staff and the Department of Safety and Facilities to achieve institutional objectives.
- Productive. Persistence towards completion of tasks.
- Organized. Able to manage time well. Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to comply with organizational policies and procedures.
- Ability to stay calm and professional under pressure.
- Ability to assimilate a wide range of knowledge.
- Dedication and strong work ethic.
- Proficiency in the Arabic language.
- Work experience within US academic setting.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.