The Executive Administrator provides high-level professional and administrative support to the Executive Dean, acting as the focal point to the Dean’s office, managing information flows, facilitating and coordinating information-sharing between Qatar Foundation, the home campus, Joint Advisory Board, senior management, department heads and the broader governance stakeholders of VCUarts Qatar. The incumbent also provides secretarial and administrative support to the Executive Dean, on a one-on-one working relationship enabling the effective and efficient discharge of duties and responsibilities of the Dean’s Office.
Reports to: Executive Dean of VCUarts Qatar
Major Activities & Essential Functions
General Office Administration
- Provides full administrative support to the Dean/Executive Dean, including but not limited to setting up meetings and maintaining calendar, submitting travel pre-approvals, purchase requisitions, expense reimbursements, itinerary development, travel arrangements as well as being responsible for heavy calendar management requiring interaction with faculty, staff, and other internal and external parties to coordinate a variety of meetings for the Dean/Executive Dean.
- Arranges Dean/Executive Dean’s travel including making hotel accommodations and land and air transportation bookings and coordinates travel, visa and accommodation requirements for the Dean’s Office with the HR Department and being responsible for organizing meetings for the Dean/Executive Dean including but not limited to booking meeting rooms, arranging video/conference calls, arranging meals/catering services, audio/visual requirements and room set up and attends and serves as note taker as required on meetings headed by the Dean/Executive Dean.
- Works closely with the HR and Facilities & Safety departments to initiate requests and coordinate visa, accommodation and transportation requirements of incoming overseas guests of the Dean’s Office and communicates and handles incoming and outgoing electronic communications on for and on behalf of the Dean/Executive Dean and serves as initial point of contact in the Dean’s Office, receives and interacts with incoming visitors, guests from the home campus, faculty, staff, students, parents and the community at large.
- Independently and proactively filters all enquiries from both internal and external stakeholders, answers phones and directs all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently and prepares reports, memos, letters and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Processes ICAs, petty cash, purchase requisitions, travel reimbursement and claims and travel authorizations for the Dean/Executive Dean and reviews purchase orders, and other procurement documents for the Dean’s Office to ensure compliance with applicable policies and regulations and develops and maintains an accurate and up to date records management and filing system for both electronic and hardcopy files.
- Inventories and completes requests for office supplies, equipment and technology support for the Dean/Executive Dean and performs other duties as assigned.
Joint Advisory Board Administration
- Serves as focal point and coordinator responsible for timely distribution of minutes of meeting, JAB Report and other correspondences to the members of the Board and other meeting participants and works closely with the members of the JAB and/or their assistants and other meeting participants to coordinate travel dates and detailed trip itinerary.
- Provides full administrative and clerical support to the JAB, through the timely and accurate collection and sharing of information directly related to the activities of the Board including proper notice of meetings and prepares complete welcome and meeting packets for JAB members and other participants and works closely with the Dean/Executive Dean in developing the agenda for the JAB meeting.
- Attends meetings, serve as note taker and maintains accurate minutes of meeting; responsible for ensuring timely review and approval of the minutes by the co-chairs as well as maintains all JAB records including by laws, reports, minutes of meetings, resolutions and tracks the implementation of JAB decisions and maintains an update list and contact information of all members of the JAB, special committees and other participants.
- Prepares and submits full Board Information annual report to the Board Management Office and tracks timely payment of JAB members’ honoraria and works closely with the Special Events Coordinator to initiate and coordinate logistical requirements for the meeting, i.e. meeting venue, catering, audiovisual support, and other logistical support for associated activities related to the meeting.
- Minimum of three years of experience as executive assistant or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Working knowledge and/or skill in word processing, spread sheets and other computer applications.
- Ability to type accurately, make accurate arithmetic computations, prepare and maintain complex records and reports.
- A strong public service orientation to work well with faculty, staff, students, and the community.
- Result-driven and possess leadership qualities.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCUQatar.
Skills & Experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude and desire to be in a customer service oriented environment.
- Willingness to work within a cooperative structure - working in a team.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.