Conceptual ideations / Manual and digital interior design graphics / Space Planning and Codes
- MS University of Wisconsin
- BS Tonji University
Li Han is a self-motivated interior designer who has 11 years of experience in commercial and residential projects and 8 years of teaching experience at university level. She is capable of handling design projects from ideation to completion through conceptual design, space planning, digital rendering, code research, FF&E, construction document and site supervision.
Currently she holds a full-time teaching position at Virginia Commonwealth University—Qatar. She passed the National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) examination in 2007 in USA. Her current research line of inquiry is titled “Hybridization—an exploration of design methodology.”
Li Han obtained a Bachelor Degree in Interior Architecture from Tongji University in China and a Master of Science in design studies from the University of Wisconsin in USA. After finishing her undergraduate study she worked for the Beijing Institute of Architecture and later moved to Singapore and worked for various design firms as an interior designer. Li Han is multi-talented in design communication including manual and digital rendering, virtual environments and 3D printing.
- Design methodology
- Design communication
- Hybridization and creativity
- Digital fabrication
- Han, Li. 2010. Design and Creativity in the Digitized World. 17th International Conference on Learning, Hong Kong, China
- Han, Li. 2010. A Case Study of Applying Critical Thinking in Teaching and Learning Computer Visualization and Communication. ICETC 2010, Shanghai, China
- Han, Li. 2010. Hybridization and Creativity- A pedagogical model for design Education. The second Asian conference on education 2010, Osaka, Japan
- Han, Li. 2010. Hybridization – An exploration of design methodology. Design Communication Association2010 conference. Bozeman, Montana
- Han, Li. 2012. Hybridization-Traditional Chinese Courtyard Houses and Contemporary Design. ICAST 2012, Penang, Malaysia
- Han, Li. 2012. The Migration to the new 3D Digital World. 19th International Conference on Learning. London, UK
- Han, Li. 2013. Hybridization-Traditional Chinese Courtyard Houses and Contemporary Design. 10th European Design Conference—Crafting the Future. Gothenburg, Sweden
- Han, Li. 2014. “Hybridity and Design.” 12th International Conference on New Directions in the Humanities, Madrid, Spain.
- Han, Li, Betina Jensen, Noha Fahmy, and Kaisha Bickley. 2014. “One Faculty Design Illustration and Three Student Observation Illustrations from Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar.” Design Communication Association Conference, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Han, Li. 2014. "High Tech or Low Tech?” Qatar Foundation Annual Research Conference (ARC’14), Doha, Qatar.
- Han, Li. & Nelson, M.S.C. 2006. “Light and Pattern: Can digital rendering expand how we think about design?” The Journal of the Design Communication Association 2006: 32-38.
- Kopec, D A K, and Li Han. 2008. “Islam and the Healthcare Environment: Designing Patient Rooms.” Health Environments Research & Design Journal 1 (4): 111–21.
- Han, Li. 2010. “Design and Creativity in the Digitized World.” The International Journal of Learning 17 (10): 291-98.
- Han, Li. 2010. “A Case Study of Applying Critical Thinking in Teaching and Learning Computer Visualization and Communication.” 2010 International Conference on Education and Management Technology. doi:10.1109/ICEMT.2010.5657674.
- Han, Li. 2014. "Hybridization: Traditional Chinese Courtyard Houses and Contemporary Design.” The International Journal of Critical Cultural Studies 12, no. 1: 23-39.