A “quick sketch” a sketch done quickly from live action, differs from the classroom sketch/gesture poses done from a model. The challenge of this class is to learn how to quickly capture on paper the impression of a one-time event or gesture and to plainly depict the personality and essence of a subject.
• Introduction to Quick Sketch for Entertainment
• People (gesture and action)
• Architecture, street scenes (perspective)
• Animal (gesture sketches)
• Vehicles (cars, planes, etc)
• Organics and landscape
• People and their environment
Please note: VCUQatar reserves the right to cancel classes for which not enough participants are registered. Already paid fees will be refunded.
Please do not purchase materials until VCUQatar has sent final course confirmation.
• Sketch-book, portable format (COPIC) alternative A4 copy paper and clip board
• Pencils (HB or 2 HB)
• Permanent ink pens (Staedler, Uni-ball, or a brand you feel comfortable with)
• Marker: Copic or Prisma (W1, W3, W6, W9 or C1, C3, C6, C9)
On occasions, there may be some more materials to be bought and brought in if and when advised by the instructor.
Most of the materials are available from any art supply shop, for example:
M.F.A., California State University, Fullerton; Diploma thesis, VW/Audi Design Center, Simi Valley, California; B.A, Kommunikations-Design, University of Applied Sciences, Munich. Freelance storyboard artist and illustrator for film, advertising and children's books. Clients include: Los Angeles Times, Paramount Studios, Tom Ford, MTV, Victoria's Secret. Visual development department, Outlander, Ninth Ray Studios. Workshop instructor at The Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens.