- MFA, Printmaking, Rhode Island School of Design. Cum Laude, 2007.
- BFA, Studio Art: Printmaking, University of Alaska Anchorage, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society. Cum Laude, 1999.
- BA, Languages: Russian, University of Alaska Anchorage, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society. Cum Laude, 1999.
Fleming Jeffries is a visual artist who explores the intertidal zone between humans and the natural world in metaphorical spaces. Her work relies on drawing and printmaking processes as a means to slow down the mind’s eye and opens bridges to the subconscious. Recently she is interested in the Silk Road, both in its historical and contemporary contexts, pulling her studio focus towards a study of materials for textiles, paper, inks and natural dyes.
- Assistant Professor Painting + Printmaking. Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar, 2013-present
- Professorial Lecturer Department of Art, American University in Washington DC, 2012-13.
- Adjunct Faculty School of Art, George Mason University, 2010-13.
Previous Professional Experience
- Collaborative Printer, Free-lance printer in lithography, etching, and monoprint. 2009-2015.
- Research Assistant,The Tamarind Book of Lithographic Techniques. New York: Harry Abrams, 2008. One-year position on the research/editorial team to re-write the Tamarind Book of Lithography. Contributed illustrations to the final text.
- New Prints/Autumn - IPCNY, New York, NY – Group exhibition curated at the International Print Center New York. 2015.
- Artist Book Exhibition for Impact 9 Conference - Henglu Gallery • Hangzhou, China – Group exhibition curated by China College of Art. 2015.
- Ink! - Silpe Gallery • West Hartford CT - Juried Printmaking Exhibition at Hartford Art School. Jurors: Printeresting founders: Amze Emmons, RL Tillman, Jason Urban. 2015.
- Strange Wonders - Msheireb Enrichment Center • Doha, Qatar - VCUQ Faculty Show. 2014.
- Bridges Causeways Interfaces • San Francisco - Portfolio of Nova Printers for Southern Graphics Conference 2014.
- Noetics - Cosmos Club • Washington DC - group exhibition of women artists, curated by Helen Frederick. 2013.
- End of the World - GMU School of the Arts Gallery • Fairfax VA - portfolio exchange curated by Sargent Thamm Collective. 2013.
- SOA Faculty Exhibition • Fairfax VA - School of the Arts Gallery, George Mason University. 2012.
- Sichuan Normal University and GMU, McLean VA - Selections from Traditional and New, Capital One Gallery. 2012.
- Traditional and New: A Print Exchange with Sichuan Normal University and George Mason University • Sichuan, China – Sichuan Normal University. 2011.
Funded Research Projects and Grants
- Faculty Research Grant, “Water Park Tears & Stromatolites,” VCUQatar. 2014-15.
- Keyholder Residency, Pyramid Atlantic Art Center, Silver Spring, MD. 2008-09.