About Education City Doha
Education City is an initiative of the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development.
H.H. Sheikha Moza bint Nasser was a driving force behind the foundation and construction of Education City.
- Six US universities, one UK, French, and Qatar based university make up Education City Doha:
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of the Arts in Qatar (VCUarts Qatar). Founded in 1998. VCUarts Qatar offers bachelor of fine arts degrees in graphic design, interior design, fashion design, and painting and printmaking; a bachelor of arts degree in art history; and a master’s of fine arts degree in design.
- Weill Cornell Medicine Qatar (WCMCQ). Established in 2001. Pre-medical and medical programs leading to a doctor of medicine degree.
- Texas A&M University at Qatar (TAMUQ). Established in 2003. Bachelor’s degrees in chemical, electrical, mechanical and petroleum engineering, and a master's degree in chemical engineering.
- Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar (CMU-Q). Established in 2004. Bachelor’s degrees in business, computer science, and information systems. Joint program with Weill Cornell Medicine Qatar in biological sciences and computational biology.
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar (SFSQatar). Established in 2005. Bachelor's degree in foreign service.
- Northwestern University in Qatar (NU-Q). Established in 2008. Bachelor degrees in journalism and communication.
- HEC Paris (France). Established in 2011. Graduate executive education programs for mid-career and senior executives.
- UCL Qatar (United Kingdom). Established in 2011. Postgraduate degree programs in archaeology, conservation, cultural heritage and museum studies.
- Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU). Founded in 2010. homegrown research and graduate studies University.