Student Affairs Assistant
The Student Affairs office at VCUarts-Qatar is a high paced, service-oriented unit which demands active team work and initiative.
The administrative assistant for this office serves as a focal point for communication with students and assist in the daily running of student affairs activities, programs and events.
This is a non-sponsored hourly position with no benefits. Applicants must have a valid residence permit and currently living in Qatar.
Reports to: Assistant Dean of Student Affairs
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- Provides customer service to students, staff, parents, community, faculty and sponsors seeking assistance from the student affairs office as well as provides prompt responses to phone queries and emails regarding student affairs programming.
- Provides general administrative support and assistance to the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs, and all members of the Student Affairs team as well as schedules Student Affairs events and maintains calendars and coordinates room bookings.
- Provides administrative support and assistance to Student Government, Clubs and Organizations, assist with general counseling administration and serves as Communication Focal Point.
- Maintains communication databases, responsible for SMS database and communication with students through email, mailings and posters, newsletter and postings as well as assists in scheduling and setting up student and alumni activities, workshops, program, events, and orientations as well as Developmental programs and the community classes program.
- Assists in completing required university paper work, travel documentation of students and students’ affairs staff and assists with Purchasing Cards reports when required.
- Assists with budget oversight and reconciliation and continually is open for additional duties as assigned which may include traveling with students as a student adviser.
- Shows ability to do overtime when necessary and chaperone at student events and performs other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Excellence in written English communication.
- Arabic language proficiency is preferred but not required.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Punctuality and reliability is essential.
- Positively responsive to continual change.
- Ability to comply with university procedures.
- Able to work well with students, faculty and staff at all times.
- Typing, database management, social media and PC skills must be impeccable.
- Must have the ability to substitute for other equivalent positions within VCUarts-Qatar.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.