Reporting directly to the VCUarts Qatar Library Director, this position provides administrative and operational support for two VCUarts Qatar Libraries, the Innovative Media Studio, and the Writing Center. The person in this position will perform a wide range of administrative and operational duties in support of each of these areas. The position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to provide and manage information services to the students, staff, and faculty of VCUarts Qatar and to the community.
This is a non-sponsored Part-Time hourly position with no benefits. Applicants must have a valid residence permit and currently living in Qatar.
Reports to: Director of Libraries
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- Provides significant support for the maintenance and order of the library’s physical collections including shelving books and periodicals in the correct order, shelf reading to ensure accurate arrangement of materials, shifting books as required as well as provides significant support for the library’s information desk including issuing materials to library users, receiving and processing returned library materials, locating books and other basic information from the library’s print and digital collections, assisting library users with computers/printers/scanners, answering basic reference and directional questions, other tasks as assigned
- Provides clerical and/or operational support to library specialists as required and oversees on a daily basis the general order and maintenance of the main library including coordination of all facility requirements and oversees and coordinates all information technology maintenance requests for the main library.
- Manages supply inventory for main library including general stationery supplies, printer paper and toner cartridges as well as assists with planning logistics outreach activities and events for libraries, Innovative Media, and the Writing Center.
- Responsible for closing the library according to established procedure; related tasks include turning off lights and equipment, clearing the library of visitors, and liaising with building security and maintains statistical records of work-related responsibilities.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A university degree in library/information studies or arts/design is preferred.
- Knowledge of library systems and functions, including Library of Congress classification scheme, is preferred.
- Excellent English-language skills.
- Excellent time management skills; punctuality; ability to adhere to a fixed work schedule.
- Willingness to work within a cooperative, team-oriented environment.
- Arabic language proficiency is preferred but not required.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
- Positive, professional, and friendly attitude as well as a desire to be in a service-oriented environment.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work with tight deadlines.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.