Business Development and Marketing Coordinator
Working under the direction of the Strategic Engagement & Business Development Director, the Business Development & Marketing Coordinator will assist in the development and implementation of community outreach and engagement efforts for the university. Working within the framework of the strategic plan, the Business Development & Marketing Coordinator will translate objectives related to business community engagement into program initiatives. The core activities of the position include maintenance of existing relationships, relationship building, partnership development, marketing, and coalition building.
Reports to: Director of Strategic Engagement and Business Development
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- Develops a sophisticated understanding of a wide range of programs and university subjects in order to promote the university to stakeholders and donors.
- Works with department Heads, faculty & staff members to identify needs that can be met through Business Development activities as well as developing targeted presentations and materials to engage businesses in the activities of VCUarts Qatar through sponsorship opportunities, fundraising events, and scholarships
- Conducts market research to monitor trends, identify new services that can be offered by the university, and collect data to support the business expansion, business retention, and redevelopment objectives as well as developing and Maintaining Strategic Engagement and Business Development Processes and framework.
- Oversees contracts and MOUs related to all external partners projects and outreachs to communities via written, phone or face to face interactions to determine expectations, knowledge and needs regarding projects affecting their communities.
- Coordinates and delivers email campaigns for the Strategic Engagement and Business Development Office and establishs department marketing goals and develop and execute action plans to achieve objectives for both short and long range strategic goals.
- Develops and implements effective strategies for cost effective marketing as well as capitalizes on student and alumni art and design capacity to work on retail and corporate gift projects such as merchandising the works of alumni.
- Facilitates communications and interactions between the University and external partners and identifys, develops and executes communication strategies for key media contacts and customer references.
- In conjunction with Communications Business Specialist, creates and delivers press releases, media relations content, case studies, white papers, executive bios, corporate newsletter content, social media content, and speaking proposals as established by and in relation to Strategic Engagement & Business Development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as communications, marketing, or management.
- 5 years of experience working in business development and marketing fields.
- Ability to use computer programs, like PowerPoint, Excel, and Word processing packages.
- Good knowledge about marketing principles and client development in a professional service industry setting.
- Strong verbal and written proficiency, including professional proofreading, editing, and presentation capability.
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to arrive fast at workable decisions and to adapt self to any working condition Experience in digital marketing is preferred
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team in a customer service oriented environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCUarts Qatar.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.