Academic Resources Manager
The Academic Resources Manager is responsible for the VCUQatar bookstore, to include, ordering art/design materials, textbooks and supplies for undergraduate and graduate programs at VCUQatar.
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- Manages the daily operations of the VCUQatar bookstore, to include, ordering textbooks, e-books, art/design materials and general merchandise as well as supervises bookstore staff, researches publisher and vendor materials to determine availability, price, and shipment of book orders; communicates effectively with publisher and vendor representatives and works with the representatives to resolve order problems and process merchandise returns; works with the Chairs, Program Directors and faculty to coordinate timely delivery of course textbooks and materials each semester.
- Manages the bookstore inventory, to include, ordering supplies to maintain inventory levels, performing periodic and annual inventory checks, and providing inventory reports for yearly audits as well as prepares purchase requisitions for bookstore materials using the eVA procurement system and processes bookstore invoices for payment using the Banner system, works with the VCUQatar Shipping and Receiving Coordinator to monitor shipment of bookstore materials and also supervises and assists in the receiving, stocking and pricing of textbooks, art/design materials and general merchandise.
- Responds to customer inquiries, investigates, and resolves customer disputes; maintains the appearance of the bookstore and determines display and layout of academic, retail and student merchandise; establishes a collaborative relationship with the home campus bookstore on the acquisition and sale of VCU logo merchandise at VCUQatar and books; participates and assists in the daily and long-range planning and coordination of the VCUQatar bookstore; works closely with the VCU Procurement and Payment office to interpret and apply university procurement policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with the VCUQatar Liaison Officer to resolve customs related issues and builds and supports collaborative relationships with the intent of sharing information with VCU home campus; develops and implements procedures to ensure compliance with University policies and recommends process improvements for efficient and effective management of the bookstore;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or training or professional experience that equates to a bachelor’s degree.
- Three years managerial experience in a college/university bookstore or art/design retail facility.
- Knowledge and understanding of retail inventory techniques and merchandising strategies.
- Experience working with electronic procurement and payment systems.
- Current knowledge of changes and trends in the bookstore/retail market.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent leadership, communication, organization and time management skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team in a customer service oriented environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCUQatar.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.