Web Solutions Architect
The Digital Solutions Architect is a key position in the Department of Technology Services at VCUQatar that will increase international awareness through excellence in innovative web presence. This position will work collaboratively with the Communications department for content creation and development to represent each department. This position is responsible for VCUQatar’s digital design, web development and graphic design, compliance with current and future web accessibility and design standards. The successful candidate must be an independent, self-motivated collaborator with a strategic and analytical approach to innovative and established web platforms, problem-solving and excellence in client communications.
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- gather and refine user defined specifications and requirements based on technical needs of the university,create and maintain documentation on all university digital solutions as well as system architecture models and or interactive web prototypes.
- the applicant will be responsible for maintaining, expanding and scaling the university’s website; create and manage the technical development and design of the university website; responsible for following the best contemporary web security standards.
- coaching and mentoring other team members to share knowledge and experience.
- performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven track record of delivering complex platforms at scale in design and development.
- Experience working in a university environment is a plus.
- Proven digital solution development experience ideally in a high-scale environment.
- Strong understanding of current trends and knowledge in the profession is expected.
- Use and implementation of modern front-end web programming techniques and frameworks such as HTML5, CSS3, APIs, Rest, JSON and frameworks related to ASP.NET, PHP and Python.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Digital Design or related field with coursework in web programming.
- Progressive years of working experience in professional communications or design office (minimum three years).
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and experience developing web-based database applications preferred.
Skills & Experience
- Experience and knowledge of working with Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRM, Kanban, etc.), designing and implementing scalable and robust approaches with caching and security in mind.
- Demonstrated ability to convert large-scale print publications to web applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work on both Windows and Mac platforms.
- Ability to stay current with emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to VCUQ technical operations and activities.
- Ability to lead the continuous improvement of the development process, practices, tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCUQatar.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.