Academics, Courses, Curricula
Degree requirements for all acaeemic degree programs offered at VCUarts Qatar are listed in the Bulletin.
- Undergraduate Bulletin - Academic Degree requirements
- Graduate Bulletin - Academic Degree requirements
Degree Programs and Curricula. Curricula for each degree program at VCUarts Qatar are described at each of the respective webpages of the program.
- BA - Art History
- BFA - Fashion Design
- BFA - Graphic Design
- BFA - Interior Design
- BFA - Painting and Printmaking
- MFA - Design
For BFA students only: Art Foundation Program and Portfolio Review
- The Art Foundation Program forms the first year of studies for students interested in pursuing a BFA program at VCUarts Qatar.
- To be considered for entry into a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree program, Art Foundation students must successfully complete all Art Foundation studio courses and submit a portfolio of their work for review.
- Acceptance into the university does not guarantee acceptance into the major of a student’s choice. Admission to the BFA major is competitive, based on the strenght of their Art Foundation portfolio, academic grades and standing.
- An alphabetized list of all course descriptions at VCU will help you to better understand the content of the course you choose or are required to take.
- Courses at VCU and VCUarts Qatar go by the same numbering system. VCUarts Qatar offers a smaller selection of courses than VCU does, as VCUarts Qatar offers select programs only.