Students - For You and About You
We are delighted to have welcomed more than 331 students from 41 nationalities back to campus this year! At VCUarts Qatar, we want students to succeed. We recognize that university-life can be hectic; we therefore aim to provide both in-person support and numerous online and other resources to help you to adjust to, to navigate, and to maximize your VCUQatar experience.
- From this page, students are able to access information related to student support services offered through the Department of Student Affairs, the Office of Academic Advising, the Office of Records and Registration, as well as information that aims to support your comprehensive experience at VCUQatar.
- Like most U.S.-universities, VCU and VCUarts Qatar expect students to be responsible for knowing the university's policies and regulations, both general and specific, academic and other. As such, it is the responsibility of all students, both undergraduate and graduate students, to be familiar with their respective Bulletin-of-record (i.e. the Bulletin in effect at the time of their initial enrollment), including the institutional and program-specific academic and non-academic regulations.
- Please refer to the Undergraduate or Graduate Bulletin for more information, as well as to VCU Policy Index for all policies in place at VCU.
- Dress and behavior recommendations - VCUarts Qatar makes every effort to respect the culture and sensitivities of our Qatari hosts and in return benefits from the intellectual and academic freedom that the Qatar Foundation endorses. This mutual respect is vital to our operations and educational goals and all faculty, students and staff are expected to cooperate with it. To this end we make the following recommendation:
- Male and female dress recommendations: cover from shoulders to knees
- Behavior recommendations: Avoid all intimate interactions with the opposite sex while on campus
- Language recommendations: Avoid offensive language.