Computers, Photocopiers, Printers and Scanners
The library has a room for printing, photocopying and scanning next to the computers and contains:
17 public service Mac and PC computers are available in the library.They house the productivity software generally available to students and faculty, and they are networked to the printing and copying equipments described below:
- 2 large high speed large format color photocopy and scanning machines
- 1 BookEye book scanner
- 2 high speed printers
- Flash drives and headphones may be checked out from the service desk
- Camera and physical computing equipment is available from MaML Innovative Media Studio
VCUQ members must login with their Computer Login to access the library printers.Assistance is available from the library service desk.
- Internet workstations cannot be used for any fraudulent purpose,including any activities prohibited under Qatari Law.Users may not display materials considered unlawful.
- Patrons may use a personal external drive to store their files.Work must be saved and backed up to an external drive because the hard drives are scrubbed at the end of each day.
- Printing and scanning is self-service.Library staff are not permitted to assist.
- Patrons assume all liability for copyright and /or Fair use infringement.
- All print jobs must be completed and picked up before the library closes for the day.
- The library is not responsible for damage to disks,any loss of data,or damage or liability that may occur from a patron's use of the library's computers.
- Library staff cannot assist in the recovery of data.
- Patrons who wish to hear audio content on the library computers must use headphones.
- Patrons may not load programs onto the library computer hard drives or run unapproved softwares.
- Community users are permitted to use the library's catalog or to browse the internet.During peak periods the library reserves the right to restrict the computer services to VCUQ members only.
- Users assume responsibility for logging out of all programs at the end of a computer session.
- Due to licensing restrictions,the library's proprietary reources may not be accessed by community users.
- The library strongly encourages parents or legal guardians to supervise their children's Internet use and to provide them with guidelines about acceptable use.
- Children may not be left unsupervised in the library.
- The library is not responsible for any personal belongings left unattended.
- Study rooms are available (on the left side as one enters) to provide students with private, quiet space for individual and group study.
- Silent study space is available in the back of the library.
- Collaborative study is available in the front of the library and in the study rooms
- Access to Room 106i, the library classroom, is restricted to VCUQ faculty,staff and students.The room may be booked through the EMS App found on the VCUQ intranet.
Study rooms cannot be reserved or held for students, but are available on a first-come-first-served basis. We ask that you not leave personal items unattended in the rooms. Unattended items will be considered lost, and turned in to building security each evening.