- AP Images - More than 3.5 million historical and contemporary news photographs with thousands more added daily. In addition the collection includes over 100,000 graphics containing logos, graphs, maps and timelines, as well as audio clips and news stories.
- ARTstor - A digital library of more than one million images in the arts, humanities, architecture and social sciences. Enables customized and quick development of user developed slide shows. See instructional videos on how to use ARTstor, and how to easily create powerpoints from Image groups.
- Berg Fashion Library - Images, articles and other resources on world dress and fashion.
- Bridgeman Education - A digital library of over 300,000 images in the arts and humanities with an emphasis on European, modern and contemporary works. (access on campus only)
- firstView - The world's largest fashion database including fashion show images as well as collections and designers from around the world.
- Getty Open Content Program - Over 10,000 images from the J. Getty Museum and the Getty Research Institute including images of photographs, rare books, prints, paintings, manuscripts and sketchbooks.
- Google Art Project - Use Google's Street View technology to walk through the world's top museums. See selected images from each museum at extremely high resolution.
- Material Connexion - Offers information and images of materials and processes for all design disciplines including interior design, fashion design and graphic design.
- Oxford Art Online - Provides access to Grove Art Online including images and articles as well as Oxford Companion of Western Art and the Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms.
- The Vogue Archive - A complete searcheable archive of American Vogue, from 1892 to the current month.
- WGSN - (Worth Global Style Network) is a leading online trend-analysis research service providing current information on design, style, apparel and the retail industries.
Use LUNA for VCUQatar Library digital collections (on campus or VCU VPN access only) including the following collections:
- VCUQatar Images - digital images from the VCUQatar University Archives
- Scholars Resource - 12,000+ images covering a broad survey of art history.
- Archvision - 16,500 images of European and American Architecture.
Other Useful Image Resources
VCUQatar Libraries does not subscribe to these resources and there may be fees associated with using the images. Please check policies for each resource.
Art Resource - Art Resource is the world's largest fine art stock photo archive, with more than 1,000,000 searchable fine art images from the world's leading sources, available for licensing to all media.
Creative Commons - Search Creative Commons license images across several platforms including Flickr and Google Images.
Getty Images - Rights-managed and royalty free images.
Ask us for research and technical assistance using the Digital Image Collections and resources below.
- Use your VCU eID to access image resources and databases as needed on and off campus.
- See VCU Richmond Libraries Research Guide: Find Images for online assistance.