- Revision on negative painting techniques using flat, graded and variegated washes Tips for stretching watercolor paper and making a variety of lines, shapes, and value scales.
- Tips for making preliminary sketches and for creating interesting compositions (Project 1: Landscape painting from a photograph for reference)
- Painting continued. Discuss art and design elements with tips for creating beautiful shadows and unifying.
Please note: VCUQatar reserves the right to cancel classes for which not enough participants are registered. Already paid fees will be refunded.
Please do not purchase materials until VCUQatar has sent final course confirmation.
Items to buy for this class
- Artist-quality watercolor paints, i.e. Winsor & Newton's Cotman Water Colour - 12 x 8ml tube set
- A3 watercolor paper: cold-pressed 140lb, approx. 20 pages slightly textured, would be appropriate
- Watercolor brushes: No.12 or No.14 synthetic round, 1- or 2-inch flat (a large hake), No. 2 or No.4 flat synthetic with stiff bristles for scrubbing, a rigger or one of No.2 or No.4 round synthetic
- Watercolor palette for color mixing (ceramic or Plastic with wells, with a lid if possible)
- Drawing pencil (2B & 4B) or watercolor pencils, soft eraser, 2 small plastic water containers (with a lid if possible), a sponge, a scraper (used for outdoor painting and often available at a hardware store), a hair dryer, a knife for cutting paper
- A roll of gummed tape in dark beige: available at Cass (Fire Station), Carrefour, or Family Food Center (Al Rayyan Branch)
On occasions, there may be some more materials to be bought and brought in if and when advised by the instructor.
Where to buy your materials
Most of the materials are available from any art supply shop, for example:
- Jarir Bookstore: on Rayyan Road or Salwa Road
- Color Note: on Al Nasser Street
- Ibn Al Qayyim: at Markhiya Roundabout
- Al Rawnaq