This course will enable participants to create Crochet frock with headband using a variety of yarns and techniques, in order to communicate design ideas. Participants will also be introduced to diverse to crochet stitch & sewing. Through a combination of lecture and demonstration, this course will provide an opportunity for knitting and sewing on the machine, in order to create a princess frock with a headband.
1. A brief introduction to crochet & materials.
2. Participants with start the yoke of the frock with two standard designs.
3. Repeat the design and complete the yoke as per the size of the frock the participant want to make.
4. Brief instruction to sewing machine & basic stitching.
5. Draw the pattern to the organza material and attach the buckram to the organza material.
6. Attach the stitched piece by crochet yoke and complete the elegant crochet baby dress.
Please note: VCUQatar reserves the right to cancel classes for which not enough participants are registered. Already paid fees will be refunded.
Please do not purchase materials until VCUQatar has sent final course confirmation.
Crochet yarn ( any 2 colour )
Crochet hooks ( 6mm or 7mm)
Organza material ( 1 meter)
Buckram ( white colour 1 meter)
On occasions, there may be some more materials to be bought and brought in if and when advised by the instructor.
Most of the materials are available from any art supply shop, for example:
Shamim holds a degree in Home Science specialized in Fashion Designing. She has achieved her further education in art & craft. She has developed creative & artistic skills.
She is a diploma holder in Fashion Designing. She has organized exhibitions & workshops for adults & children. In her case study from the university in Mumbai, India she was awarded third prize.